128th China Import and Export Fair (Online Canton Fair) Promotion Webinar
China-UK bilateral trade reached a record high of GBP 104.5 billion in 2019: this is attributed to many productive trade platforms, amongst which the China Import and Export Fair (Canton Fair) is arguably one of the most important.
The following sectors are of high interest to the market:
is well known internationally for its long history, vast scale and international influence. This year, as a result of the travel restrictions associated with COVID-19, the 128th Canton Fair will be organised online from 15th-24th October 2020, with the 128th Canton Fair Promotion Webinar in the UK held on 9th October 2020.
Based on the success of the 127th Canton Fair which took place online from 25th-24th June 2019, and attracted more than 1,800,000 exhibits from 26,000 Chinese and international exhibitors, the 128th Canton Fair will continue to offer a sophisticated trade platform to companies worldwide. The 128th Canton Fair Promotion Webinar in the UK will be an exclusive warm-up event for UK exhibitors to participate in the Fair.
- Textiles & Garments- this sector has attracted about 5000 companies with more than 9,000 booths
- Consumer Goods - more than 8,000 booths featuring innovative product from across China
- Electronics & Household Electrical Appliances - this sector will feature about 2600 companies with 5000 booths
- Hardware & Tools - thousands of exhibitors will feature a wide range of hardware products and tools
- Building Materials - will feature leading manufactures including ceramic tile area, bathroom and hardware areas
- Machinery - will include four exhibition areas: big construction machinery, power equipment, engineering vehicles and mining machinery
Platform: To be delivered through Zoom
- Opening Speech: Chinese officials, Canton Fair and CBBC senior management representatives (Speakers TBC)
- Keynote Speech: Opportunities and connectivity with China post Covid-19 by Antoaneta Becker, Director, Consumer Economy, CBBC
- Keynote Speech: Canton Fair online platform introduction by Villanelle Han, International VIP Executive, International Communication Department China Foreign Trade Centre (Group)
- Q&A: Q&A session for participants to raise related queries
- Closing remarks: Chinese officials, Canton Fair and CBBC senior management representatives (Speakers TBC)
Background of China Import and Export Fair (Online Canton Fair)
China Import and Export Fair, also known as Canton Fair, was established in 1957. It is co-hosted by the Ministry of Commerce of PRC and the People's Government of Guangdong Province and organised by China Foreign Trade Centre. Up to the 126th session, the accumulated export volume of the fair has amounted to about USD 1.4126 trillion and the total number of overseas buyers has reached 8.99 million. The exhibition area of each session totals 1.185 million m2 and the number of exhibitors from home and abroad stands at nearly 26,000. In each session, about 200,000 buyers attend the Fair from more than 210 countries and regions all over the world.